Updating policies and remaining compliant on a vast number of issues in the workplace, as well as keeping up on wellness, employee communications and other HR topics, are big concerns and can be a burden for HR departments.
Gathering information from a variety of sources can be time-consuming and tedious. You also need to ensure that you’re gathering accurate, up-to-date information, which is a challenge when using the Internet. Misinformation and confusion will not be an acceptable excuse if you are fined for noncompliance with government regulations, so finding a good source of information for HR support is crucial.
What You Need
We understand that HR departments are spread thinner than ever, yet are responsible for vitally important parts of the business: workplace compliance, policies and procedures, employee communications, benefits enrollment and much more. Researching, writing and maintaining all the information needed to stay on top of these tasks, in addition to handling day-to-day responsibilities, can be time-consuming for an overwhelmed HR staff.
For example, accurate, timely enrollment information is vital to smooth enrollment periods and happy employees, but explaining benefits to employees can take a lot of time. Good articles and explanatory materials can cut down on the time HR needs to spend face-to-face presenting and explaining basic benefit terms and information.
The difficulties of keeping up with changing government regulations are numerous, especially in the current environment of massive health care changes that affect businesses and individuals alike. Search engines such as Google can be used to look for information on a variety of HR-related issues, but the endless list of results can be unwieldy and difficult to sift through:
- Relying on search engines will not alert you to new compliance issues, and you can’t search for a topic if you aren’t aware of what the new regulations are.
- Random Internet searches can turn up an unmanageable number of results, wasting your precious time sorting through site after site.
- Not everything on the Internet is trustworthy, so you need to spend extra time and effort making sure your source is up to date and accurate.
- Government sites are reliable, but in many cases the lengthy legalese is confusing and time-consuming to read.
- Sometimes, you just can’t find the materials you need, such as wellness program materials or appropriate employee communication newsletters.
A Single, Reliable Source
A central location with resources for all pertinent compliance information; sample policies and guidelines for procedures; employee communication and wellness program templates; and enrollment information and forms is the solution.
Dispense with unreliable and inconsistent Internet searches by accessing a client portal that features the following:
- Up-to-date and easy-to-read compliance information
- Answers to various business needs, including wellness programs and social media guides
- Sample policies and forms for hiring, performance management, enrollment, employee handbooks and more
- Ready-to-go employee communication pieces with options for customization
A client portal offers answers that are easily searched and quickly found, written by trustworthy professionals in a readable format devoid of complicated legalese.
If you’re interested in a single, reliable source to support your business needs, contact AUI to assist you with gaining access to an information portal.