Are you looking for access to the Federal Insurance Exchange to buy coverage?
You are going to be looking for a while, because the Health Insurance Marketplace, what has been referred to in the past as the Exchange, is not scheduled to open until October 1, 2013. Even after opening, plans in the Marketplace are not effective until January 1, 2014.
Here is what we do know about the Marketplace (www.healthcare.gov)
- The Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage
- The Marketplace is where you may be able to get assistance with premiums based on income
- All private health insurance plans in the Marketplace will offer the same essential health benefits
- The Marketplace is scheduled to open on October 1, 2013
- Marketplace insurance plans will not be effective until January 1, 2014
Here is what still remains unclear about the Marketplace (www.healthcare.gov)
- How individuals will enroll in the Marketplace
- What health insurance plans will be available in the Marketplace
- What health insurance plans will cost in the Marketplace
- How insurance agents will be licensed to assist customers in the Marketplace
At AUI we are anxiously waiting for more information about the new Marketplace: how it will work, what plans will be available, and how will agents be licensed to help customers. As we learn more about the Marketplace we will be sharing it with you on the blog. For additional information, you can access the Marketplace directly at www.healthcare.gov
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at AUI. We are here to answer your questions and help you find the right options for you and your business.