The arrival of the fall and winter months signals many things, including the beginning of flu season. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, flu activity peaks between December and February.
Seasonal influenza can cause serious complications for people of any age, but children and the elderly are more vulnerable. To help keep your household healthy this flu season, consider the following suggestions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay away from others when you feel under the weather.
- Wash your hands often using soap and warm water to protect against germs.
- Get plenty of sleep, stay physically active and drink plenty of water to keep your immune system strong.
- Manage your stress and eat a nutritious diet rich in healthy grains, fruits, vegetables and fiber.
- Get the flu vaccine. Becoming vaccinated against the flu is the best chance of preventing the illness.
AUI has many resources to help you and your employees live well and work well. To learn more, contact us!