If you are one of the millions who must search the Federally Facilitated Marketplace or Private exchanges during Open Enrollment the deadline to get new coverage for January 1, 2017 is approaching! Here are a few key things you need to know before December 15!
- If you qualify for a subsidy you need to update your income information. Subsidy calculations can change based on income and the product pricing in your specific county. To make sure you have the correct subsidy calculation from year to year you must update your information!
- If you want a new plan for January 1, 2017 you must be enrolled by December 15, 2016.
- If you have been mapped to a new carrier for January 2017 because your carrier is out of the marketplace or out of business you can still pick an alternative plan.
- If you have questions, contact an AUI agent today! As the deadline approaches Healthcare.gov can become overloaded and there can be disruptions in the website that may prohibit you from enrolling. The sooner you have made your decision the more likely you are to be approved and secure coverage before the deadline for January 1.
- If you miss the December 15 deadline you still have an opportunity to enroll in coverage. Effective dates for February and March will still be available through January; however, coverage for January will not be available.
We’re here to help you!