The Health Insurance Marketplace is scheduled to open on October 1. Whether you are currently uninsured, have been denied coverage in the past, or if you just want to look for additional insurance options, the Marketplace can provide you with additional choices for coverage. There are a great deal of questions about how the Marketplace will work and what the Marketplace with look like. Here are a few points that we at AUI can highlight.
Here is what we currently know about the Health Insurance Marketplace:
- Open Enrollment Starts October 1, 2013 and runs through March 31, 2014
- Plans will be effective beginning January 1, 2014 and thereafter.
- You can set up your personal account at Healthcare.gov starting now; however, you cannot enroll in coverage until the Marketplace officially opens on October 1, 2013.
- Training for Agents & Brokers has begun
- Coverage in the Exchange must cover a list of Essential Health Benefits
Here are a few things we are still curious about:
- The plans that will be available
- The cost of insurance coverage
- How enrollment into coverage will work
- How long the process will take
- How personal information will be protected
The Health Insurance Marketplace is making progress toward the October 1 rollout; however some additional questions remain about the overall process, cost, and types of coverage.
If you have additional questions, we would love to help you. Contact us today!